St Stephen's, Norwood Street, Flemington, Victoria
We get together on Sunday mornings at our church building in Norwood Street Flemington, to worship God and to enjoy fellowship.
The Service starts at 10:000 am, and is followed by morning tea.
We are a multicultural bunch of different ages and backgrounds, so you’ll find it easy to fit in.
What are our worship services like?
We sing hymns, we pray, we read from God’s word in the Bible, and we hear how God’s word applies to the challenges each one of us face in today’s world.
What are our core beliefs?
We are one part of the universal Christian church.
- We believe in a personal, loving God who brought everything into existence through his creative power, and for his glory.
- We believe in one God in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe Jesus Christ is God made flesh – fully human and fully God. He became one of us because God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. [John 3:16]
- We believe in loving God with all our heart, and loving our neighbour as ourselves. In practice, we often fall well short of this standard, but the grace of God’s forgiveness through the work and sacrifice of Jesus renews our desire to imitate Christ in our daily lives.
Why are we called “Presbyterian”?
We are a part of the Presbyterian Church of Australia. “Presbyter” is a Greek word from the New Testament meaning “elder” (not by age, but by maturity of faith). We call ourselves “Presbyterian” because our churches are governed by elders elected from within their own congregations, along with ministers called by congregations to serve as their pastors and teaching elders.
Who was St. Stephen?
Stephen, for whom our church is named, was the first recorded Christian martyr. You can read about him in the Bible, in chapters 6 & 7 of the New Testament book called The Acts of the Apostles.
If you don’t have a Bible, and you’d like one, we can give you one, free-of-charge and without obligation.
To find out more about the Presbyterian Church, go to: www.presbyterian.org.au
To find out more about St. Stephen’s Flemington, contact:
- our Missioner, Phil Court, on 0433 781 069, or
- our Senior Minister, Rev. Douglas Robertson, on 9650 9903.